Tour Type：Private Tour & Small Group
Price：from $65 p/p
Starting Date：You Choose
Special Experiences： This section of Great Wall is where first-time Great Wall hikers fall in love with Great Wall. What you will see is awesome! Marvel at the greatness of ancient Chinese and the natural surroundings; feel the fresh air, the open spaces – all in this healthy hiking exercise!
Beijng transfer tours
Great Wall Hiking A
Jinshanling – Simatai Great Wall Hiking
Jinshanling Great Wall Brief Introduction
Jinshanling Great Wall starts from Longyukou in the west and ends at the Wangjinglou Tower in the east and stretches about 10.5 kilometers. It is located on the Yanshan Mountains, 140 kilometers away from downtown Beijing, where Miyun County borders with Luanpin County in Hebei Province.The Jinshanling Great Wall is acomplicated and well preserved fortification systems and possesses the largest number of watchtowers. These watchtowers were made by huge bricks, 5-8 meters high, each one built in a different architectural style and every other one is about 50-100 meters away. Some of them are half-timbered, some are stone, some with one eave, some with two-eave. The roofs of the towers are many and varied, flat,arched, quadrangular or octagonal. It is an exemplary section of the Great Wall and hence comes the saying that the Jinshanling section is the most essential part of the 10,000-li Great Wall. Jinshanlin Great Wall has a strong military defence system. It includes barrier walls, crib walls, blockhouses,emplacements, watch-towers, stone-shooting windows, arrow-shooting holes,cavalry defense walls and so on, which making iteasier to defend. When you stand on the Jinshanling Great Wall, you will appreciate how majestic and splendid it is, and you will understand how greatand heroic the nation is.
Simatai Great Wall Brief Introduction
Simatai Great Wall is situated at Gubeikou Twon, Miyun County, 120 km (75 mi) northeast of Beijing. It stretches 5.4 km from Wangjinglou (Tower for Viewing the Capital) in the east and connects Jinshanling Great Wall in the west. Originally built in the North Qi Dynasty (550-577), it was reconstructed by General Qi Jiguang in the reign of Emperor Wanli from the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644). It consists of 35 watch towers and still retains the original architecture feature of the Ming Dynasty. This section was restored again by Chinese government in 1987 and opened to the public in 1990. Simatai Great Wall was listed as World Cultural Heritage by UNESCO in 1987.
The Simatai Great Wall incorporates a variety of styles of other parts of the China Wall, but also display some unique features. This section of the wall is always describes as: perilous, dense, diverse, ingenuous and peculiar. Luo Zhewen, a pretigious Great Wall expert, praised “Great Wall of China is the best architecture all around the world, while Simatai section deserves the best among all China walls”
Cheap Jinshanling-Simatai Great Wall Hiking
Our guide and driver will pick you up by a comfortable vehicle in the early morning. We start off at 8:00, after about 2.5 hours driving we arrive at Jinshanling Great Wall. We walk for 20 minutes, to the Zhuanduokou City Gate Tower. Keep walking towards east, after 2.5 to 3 hours hiking, reach the East 5-hole Guard Tower, then leave the Great Wall. If you like this section very much and want to stay here longer, you can move forward 800 meters ahead, close to the Simatai Great Wall, then come back along the previous route. In the end, we leave the Great Wall and go to a farmer’s restaurant. Hiking time is about 3.5-4.5hours.
Price:from $65 p/p
Starting Date:You Choose
|Your Tour Size||Price for per person (PayPal transaction fee is included)|
|10 persons or more||US65|
This itinerary does not include HOTEL.
- $=U.S. dollar.
- Discount for children from 2 to 12 years old differs according to your tour size.
- If you need to prolong your stay in Beijing, or arrive a few days earlier, please let us know and we’d be happy to extend your hotel bookings, or arrange additional tours for you.
- If you are a group of 10 or 10 people above, please contact us, we could give a very competitive discount.
- There may be a lot of local peasants called “shadow”along our way. They want to sell you souvenirs such as picture albums, postcards and T-shirts. Please don’t talk to them or smile if you don’t want any souvenirs and don’t mislead them by saying you will buy something later..
- Entrance fee.
- English-speaking tour guide and vehicle for transfers & sightseeing.
- Service charge & government taxes.
- Free-bottled mineral water.
- China life tourist accident/casualty insurance.
- Any meals. Please bring your own picnic lunch and water with you
- Any hiking appliances: hiking boots or sneakers, raincoat, cap, camera, sun cream, sun glasses, pocket knife, backpack, etc
- Supplementary trips, entrance fees and services not mentioned, and any extra costs due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Gratuities, Tips to guides or drivers.
You are able to write some favorable comments for us in Tripadvisor if you love Beijing Tours made by Beijing Transfer Tour. We will pay you one dollar as thanks.