Tour Type：Private Tour & Small Group
Price：from $50 p/p
Starting Date：You Choose
Special Experiences： Hikers start on an authentic, picturesque, unrestored section of the Great Wall at Jiankou and move on to the restored section at Mutianyu. Experience the transition from the old to the new, from the quite and secret to noisy and popularity. Captureauthentic photos of Great Wall without restoration!
Beijng transfer tours
Great Wall Hiking B
Jiankou-Mutianyu Great Wall Hiking
Jiankou Great Wall Brief Introduction
Jiankou Great Wall is located in Badaohe village in the northwest of Huairou County in Beijing, about 30 kilometers away from Huairou County Town. It is also situated at Bohai Town (North part at Badaohe, while south part at Bohai). It connects to Mutianyu Great Wall in the east, and joins the Dazhenyu Great Wall in the west. Because the moutain here is higher and steeper, this section becomes more winding and varied. ‘Jiankou’, is translated as ‘Arrow Nock’ in English,because the shape of the mountain is like an arrow, with the collapsed ridge opening as its arrow nock
Mutianyu Great Wall Brief Introduction
Mutianyu Great Wall Travel Area is situated in Huairou District of Beijing. It has a longer history and is bestowed with brilliant cultures. In according to historic record, Mutianyu Great Wall was supervised and built up by a subordinate general to Zhu Yuanzhang, Xu Da based on the relic of the Great Wall in Northern Qi . In 1987, Mutianyu Great Wall was appraised as one of the 16 scenic spots in new Beijing and in 1992, it was appraised as the World Best of Beijing Tourism. In 2002, it was appraised as 4A grade scenic area and is the essence of Great Wall.
Cheap Jiankou-Mutianyu Great Wall Hiking
Our guide and driver will pick you up by a comfortable vehicle in the early morning. We start at 8:00, after about 2 hours driving, we come to the Xishanzi village in Huairou. Walk across the village, then hike for about 1 hour, we approach the Due North Tower of Jiankou Great Wall. When we climb the tower, look to the west, you will have a breathtaking view of Jiankou section, look to the east,you will see the Niujijiaobian. After about 40 minutes, we arrive at the Niujijiaobian. This section of Great Wall is steep and dangerous, with small stones falling all the time.We shall divert this section and go back on the Great Wall after 15 minutes walking on a path instead. After 30 minutes more hiking, we approach the Mutianyu No.23 Tower, in front of which we see the renovated GreatWall. We will climb over the wall at No.20 watch tower because the gate was blocked by the local government.At the end there is a slide rail. We are going to the parking lots by the shuttle bus,will have lunch in the local restaurant.Hiking time is about 4-5 hours.
Price:from $50 p/p
Starting Date:You Choose
|Your Tour Size||Price for per person (PayPal transaction fee is included)|
|10 persons or more||US50|
This itinerary does not include HOTEL.
- $=U.S. dollar.
- Discount for children from 2 to 12 years old differs according to your tour size.
- If you need to prolong your stay in Beijing, or arrive a few days earlier, please let us know and we’d be happy to extend your hotel bookings, or arrange additional tours for you.
- If you are a group of 10 or 10 people above, please contact us, we could give a very competitive discount.
- There may be a lot of local peasants called “shadow”along our way. They want to sell you souvenirs such as picture albums, postcards and T-shirts. Please don’t talk to them or smile if you don’t want any souvenirs and don’t mislead them by saying you will buy something later.
- Entrance fee.
- English-speaking tour guide and vehicle for transfers & sightseeing.
- Service charge & government taxes.
- Free-bottled mineral water.
- China life tourist accident/casualty insurance.
- Any meals. Please bring your own picnic lunch and water with you
- Any hiking appliances: hiking boots or sneakers, raincoat, cap, camera, sun cream, sun glasses, pocket knife, backpack, etc
- Supplementary trips, entrance fees and services not mentioned, and any extra costs due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Gratuities, Tips to guides or drivers.
You are able to write some favorable comments for in Tripadvisor us if you love Beijing Tours made by Beijing Transfer Tour. We will pay you one dollar as thanks.